Garić grad

Garić grad

One of the oldest medieval Croatian fortified towns in northern Croatia, Garić grad was built by Ban Stjepan Šubić in 1256.

It is located in the middle of Moslavačka gora near Podgarić. It was abandoned in 1544 after the Ottoman invasions. Until today, the ruins of Garić grad have been preserved and become a favourite excursion site.